Puttin' on the Ritz - Also, The Blah-est Thing I've Ever Made

So today, I'm sharing one of the most bland looking recipes I've ever made.  Granted, slow cooker recipes often end up looking slightly less than appetizing, but this one was more boring than usual.  This Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken was a super easy recipe, but everything turned out the same color.  Luckily the flavor wasn't boring.

I'll will say that I think the slow cooker route doesn't do the best for the cracker texture.  If this were baked, I think the crackers would get super crunchy and toasty and extra yummy.  Instead, they are sort of soft and nothing to write home about.  I really wanted more from them.  I also wish the sauce mixture had held up a little better.   It got really thin and fell away from the chicken itself.

So, I guess, all in all I liked the recipe, but I'm pretty sure I would like it much better if it were oven baked. 

Comments

You may be right, this could be the least appealing by the photo, but that does sound like it could be great if you baked it for the crunch i agree.