PB&J Day

Continuing our nods to national day celebrations, we had to give some attention to Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.  We decided to veer away from sandwiches in favor of cookies.

These Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are pretty and tasty too.  The peanut butter part is pretty much a standard peanut butter cookie recipe.  I did use the original blogger's suggestion of using a teaspoon to create the depressions in the cookies.  I think it worked pretty well, but I needed to make the wells a little deeper.  I also wished that I had added a bit more jam so they looked fuller when baked.  I've not made many thumbprint type cookies, though, so this was definitely a learning experience.

This was a fun way to celebrate that we'll enjoy in the upcoming days, long after a sandwich would have disappeared.

Comments

No better combination than PB&J. Those cookies look amazing and bet they taste as good as they look. Any day that celebrates a good combo needs a good spin off. Ill have to give them a try.