At the Intersection of Hairstyles and Dinner

A change in extracurricular activities for the week has forced me to go off menu.  Luckily, my change-up yielded this tasty BLT Chicken Braid.

Now admittedly, mine is missing the L and T, but that's the price you pay for last minute substitutions.  Let's be honest, nobody really misses them anyway.😄

This is a pretty quick fix in terms of hands-on prep time.  I used cooked chicken from the freezer, my trusty Kirkland bacon bits, sharp cheddar, and a mixture of mayo and sour cream.  The sour cream/mayo switch was also due to poor planning on my part, but I also remember that sometimes an all mayo dish has a sharpness I don't like as well.  This mix was about half and half and worked well.  I used the crescent dough sheet so I didn't have to deal with those pesky seams, but wish I was a better dough braider.  This one came out uneven and not too pretty, but it was a hit at the table with the fam, so we will count it as a win.

Comments