A New Way to Pudding Cake


During my growing up years, Mom would make a traditional chocolate pudding cake pretty regularly.  I've made them a time or two myself, and I'm always fascinated how a delicious chocolately cake comes from pouring boiling water over batter.  It's a mystery.

Of course, since I'm more of a vanilla girl, I was excited to try this Vanilla Pudding Cake.  The methodology is a bit different, but the result is essentially the same.  The pudding is a little more puddingy, but this cake is amazing.  Beautiful vanilla flavor that creamy and mellow.  The steps to make the pudding may take a little more than in the chocolate variety, but it's a sacrifice I'll gladly make.  We topped our cake with some sweetened, sliced strawberries.  It had some of the flavors of strawberry shortcake, but even better.  It would also be amazing with sliced peaches.

The success of this particular pudding cake makes me want to look for other new varieties.  I bet there are some other great twists out there.

Comments

Believe it or not i have never actually had pudding cake before. It sounds/looks amazig so ill have to give it a go sometime. I like the idea of adding peaches as well. One of my favorite flavors to be added into deserts.
Heidi said…
Peach pie is my favorite. Can't go wrong with that one!