Sloppy Joes Get an Upgrade


In some houses sloppy joes are a menu staple, potluck standard, and a family favorite when everyone gets together.  At my house they are always met with reluctant acceptance from my kiddo.  I distinctly remember a time when she loved the traditional variety, but somewhere along the line they fell from favorite to fail.

Since my husband and I enjoy them, and there's a million and one varieties out there, I continue to add them to the menu.  I felt like these Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes were a pretty safe bet.  We like everything else that has the same ingredients, so I tried not to mention they were sloppy joes until the last possible moment.  I shouldn't have worried.  It disappeared lighting fast, and she couldn't stop raving.  I guess we have a hit on our hands.😉

I ended up using ground turkey in place of ground chicken.  It was all that was in the case at the store, and frankly, I didn't want to spend time hunting down ground chicken when I knew it didn't matter.  Since I was running a little short on time, I browned the chicken and onion on their own, and then just used my favorite Kirkland bacon crumbles at the end.  It worked perfectly, and shaved quite a bit of prep time.  I don't think I even missed the extra bacon flavor.

If you're looking to expand your sloppy joe repertoire, this is a great candidate.  Highly recommend.

Comments

Chicken bacon ranch sloppy joes? How have i never thought of this or seen it before. That concept is incredible. I really need to stop reading your blogs when i'm hungry! Love the spin off and it would get me to the kitchen table to try these that for sure!
HRottier said…
If you like cheese and bacon at all, my blog is the place to be. Two of my favorite things.