Ultimate Comfort Food


Over the weekend we got 12 inches of snow.  They are calling for another storm this weekend, and the temps are supposed to be single digit.  Fun times.  Not really, but this is perfect comfort food weather, and this Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles recipe is perfect comfort food.  

I mostly followed this recipe, with some minor adjustments for attending piano lessons.😄  Generally speaking, I had to change up the timing.  The beef and seasoning cooked all day as noted in the recipe.  Then, before we left the house, I shredded the beef and added the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, mushrooms (I just used canned because they worked well here), and noodles.  When we got home, I added the cream (well, half and half).  It all seemed to work okay.  Obviously, I have no point of comparison, but it was so tasty.  This rendition was a bit more brothy than other recipes I've tried, but still had great seasoning and flavor.

If you're facing a snow storm or just want the ultimate comfort food, this is a great choice.

Comments