The. Very. Last. Minute.

I love crockpot meals, but sometimes working out the timing around other events in the day can be a bit tricky.  Especially, if you forget to start it at the right time.😨

So here's what I learned about this Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice--it is incredibly forgiving.  Because of my outstanding ability to forget what I'm doing, I forget to start this recipe until right at the three hours until dinner mark.  I cranked the crockpot to high and cut the chicken into smaller pieces, probably 4-5 pieces per breast, so it would cook more quickly.  I topped it with the onion and cream of chicken soup.  Then, I had to work the rice prep and dairy additions around piano lessons.  I prepped the rice, stirred in the corn, sour cream, and cheese, and added it to the top of the crock pot with about an hour and a half left to go.

Miracle of miracles, everything worked!  The chicken was completely cooked through, the rice didn't dry out, and it was all yummy.  There's nothing especially earth shattering about the recipe, but it was tasty, warm, comfort food.  I'd totally make it again, and maybe even follow the instructions this time.😉

Comments