Takeout Fake Out

We all enjoy Chinese takeout at our house, but for a similar flavor made at home, this Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef was a pretty close fake.

As recipes go, it's pretty easy to prep and get going.  Whatever you do, if you cover the pan in foil, double or triple up.  I spent a good 30 minutes post-dinner scraping stuck on bits of foil off the pan.  Clearly, I have a lot to learn about covering a pan with foil. 

The sauce on this is very good.  The balance of sweet and salty is excellent, and thickens up very well as it cooks. 

If you are looking for an at home alternative to takeout, this one's a good bet!

Comments

Natasha Lee said…
I love Chinese! The recipe doesn't seem too complicated either, I'll have to try it out.
Heidi said…
I'd recommend multiple foil layers or be prepared to spend a looooooooong time washing the pan. :)