Paddington's Chicken

Over the holiday break we watched Paddington 2.  Yes, we are a little late to the party on that movie, but we all had a good laugh at that darling bear's expense.  Imagine, then, the little chuckle I had when I went to make my next grocery list and this Toasted Pecan Chicken called for orange marmalade.  It was meant to be!

I've made recipes with orange marmalade before with varying results of success.  This one was an unparalleled success.  We all loved it.  The marmalade is less the centerpiece and more the flavoring that adds just a touch of something special.  I chose to use two (massive) chicken breasts sliced into tenders and had plenty of sauce to go around.  I did use a combination of half and half and heavy cream, and I think that made my sauce a tad bit runny.  It was still fantastic. 

I would make this again in a heartbeat.  It would make a great dish for having friends over for dinner--it tastes amazing, but comes together in a snap.  If all else fails, make it for the marmalade lover in your life.

Comments