On My Game

The good thing about round after round of snow?  Plenty of time to prep my February menu well ahead of time.  We are honoring several "National Days" (thanks to the kiddo's infatuation with the app), and, of course, Valentine's Day.

More and more I find myself turning to my slow cooker.  I feel like it makes me the multi-tasking queen.  As our schedules heat up with activities, I'm also trying not to fall on the take-out/pick-up crutch, and so far the slow cooker is helping me do that.  I'll fall off the wagon eventually, but for now, I'm trying to soldier on.

Happy February All!  May all your celebrations, National Day and otherwise, be fantastic.

Comments

Viv Crowell said…
I like how you created a schedule as to what you're making! I myself am trying to cook more and eat out less, so I will definitely be looking at some of your recipes :)
Heidi said…
Thanks! I used to think that my "food moods" would make it hard to stick to a schedule, but I love it. Wouldn't do it any other way now.
Love the scheduling layout you have here. I am doing the same thing as Viv said earlier in trying to cook more and eat out less, which makes planning out your month that much more appealing. My mother does a similar style of food prep and meal planning so its cool to see others take the same approach and your meal names and styles all sound like they'll be delicious.
Heidi said…
Thanks! Fingers crossed for a good month of cooking!