Corn Chowder - TexMex Style

There was not a doubt in my mind that this Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder would be delicious.  Even when I realized I'd failed to add a can of creamed corn to my shopping list (with none in the pantry), I was pretty sure we would all enjoy it.

It turns out you can cream your own corn in about 30 seconds, so that worked out pretty good for me.  Then, I turned the whole thing into a crockpot recipe, and it's a big time winner.  I added everything to the crockpot, except the half and half and cheese, and let it cook on low for 2-3 hours.  Then about twenty minutes ahead of eating, I added the dairy products.  (I'd suggest adding it a little sooner or cranking the temp, ours wasn't terribly hot.)  Super simple, and man was it good with a dollop of sour cream (yes, we did a dollop of Daisy) and tortilla chips.  So good, my kiddo ate some leftovers for breakfast the next day.

Two thumbs up from our table, especially because the crockpot did all the work.

Comments