I'm a Real Turkey

I'm a real turkey for never having tried to cook turkey in a slow cooker.  I don't know why I never looked for it before, or if the traditions of Thanksgiving just kept me stuck in a rut.

That's all changed.  Now, I'm a slow cooker turkey breast convert.  Oven-cooked turkey, even when it's done well, still seems just a little dry.  It certainly needs a little gravy.  The slow-cooked variety was falling off the bones, and melt in your mouth delicious.  Oh sure, it may not have the crispy, oven-baked skin, but even still, it was so enjoyable.  I'm even excited to eat the leftovers as sandwiches later this week. 

As recipes go, this one couldn't be easier.  I thawed the turkey breast over the weekend, plunked it into the crock, poured a little chicken broth around the bottom, and layered the onion and garlic on top.  Easy. Peasy.  I didn't touch it the rest of the day.  At dinner time I made the gravy from the little packet that comes with the turkey, quickly stirred up some instant mashed potatoes, and voila!  Soooooooooooo yummy.  Highly recommend. Five stars. Two thumbs up.

Comments