Soup Season is Back!

We plunged full on into soup season in Illinois, and luckily my first try of the season was a big success.

It's hard to go wrong with the traditional "crack" flavors from Plain Chicken, and even better when combined with a traditional favorite.  I played by all the rules of the recipe, but my store didn't carry fine egg noodles, and I was forced to use medium size.  I did convert this to a slow cooker recipe to accommodate my afternoon schedule, and it worked perfectly!  I even put all the ingredients (except for the noodles) in the crock the day before so it was super quick to slide into the outer heating layer as soon as I walked in the door.  It cooked on high for four hours or so, with the noodles going in during the last half hour.

This soup was tasty without a heavy, thick cheesy goo.  It was cheesy without being too much, and couldn't be easier.  It will make a repeat menu appearance for certain.

Comments