I Want My Mummy!


When Halloween rolls around, I usually try to find some cute, themed food that's also quick and easy.

This year a Mummy Calzone fit the bill perfectly.  I chose to make the dough using a tried and true recipe rather than the one in the original post.  I filled it with mini pepperoni and sausage, and two different cheese blends.  It was so gooey and lovely.  

For once it was not difficult to get the dough to look like a mummy.  Maybe it's because I'm used to working with fragile crescent roll dough, but this was soooooooooo much easier.  The egg wash also gave it beautiful color and a wonderful crispy outside.  We do not olive at our house, so instead I used two slices of sausage and two of the mini pepperonis.  I actually put them on after the egg wash, but before baking.  

We all enjoyed this warm, cozy meal before a night of trick-or-treating.  

Comments