A Balanced Diet

Striving for balance is a great thing, except when it comes to recipes.  I'd rather have all good ones!  This go 'round we have one good, one meh.


For starters, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli had great potential.  It's all the best flavors wrapped up in pizza crust.  It turned out decidedly bland, however.  If you give it a shot, use a mix of cheeses, the mozzarella just doesn't stand out against the ranch flavor.  It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't remarkable either.  I did enjoy a good laugh at the blown-out side of the stromboli.  Ah well, win some, lose some.


The balance came with these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.  I'm not a pumpkin fanatic, but I do enjoy a pumpkin treat in the fall.  The combination with snickerdoodle flavor was the perfect pairing.  It's a lovely, soft cookie with traditional snickerdoodle texture and the bite of cream of tartar.  I enjoyed them as is; my family made use of some leftover buttercream to dress them up a bit.  Either way, very good, and a great addition to your fall treat list.

Comments