I've Got A Thing for Biscuits

Apparently, biscuits are my thing this month.  I didn't really realize it until I went to write a new post, and saw that my last post also contained biscuits.  Ah well, happy biscuits, everyone.  Enjoy!
Another slow cooker meals that does NOT photograph well.

This recipe was very well received at my table.  It is the perfect comfort food (and would much better suit a cold, rainy, November night, rather than a 90+ degree day in September).  It was pretty easy to assemble (I made a half recipe), and I see lots of potential for this in the future.  I, for one, will definitely make this again with some typically stew or pot pie veggies--carrots, potatoes, peas, etc.  They would go perfectly.  I think you could even use this recipe, put mashed potatoes on top, and have a cheater's shepherd's (or cottage, technically, because it's beef) pie.  I might even try pie crust (using the paper towel trick again) to make a pot pie.

As you can see, this was a great recipe, with plenty of potential for some great modifications.  Let me know what you try!

Comments