If There's Chocolate and Marshmallow, I'm In...

We celebrated the Labor Day weekend with family, and lots and lots of food.  Mostly, I went back to some old favorite recipes I knew would be well received.  For dessert, though, there is little risk with a s'mores theme.  (Plus, it's sort of been the option on repeat all summer for us.)


This recipe for Oatmeal Cookie S'mores Bars was easier to make than I expected.  Sometimes when you put half the dough on top, and half on the bottom it's hard to get good coverage, but in this go 'round, that was not a problem.  I ended up doubling the recipe for a 9x13 pan, and I'm so glad I did.  These were a hit!  Great s'mores flavor with the ease of a cookie.  Perfect for a fall party or cook out where you want s'mores flavor, but don't want to build a fire.

Comments