Pure Pizza Fun

Pizza recipes are always fun.  Pizza Waffles are more fun.

The waffles take a little bit of assembly work (and perhaps some mild swearing at the crescent roll dough because I cheaped out and bought the store brand).  From experience I can say that if you fold shorter side to shorter side, they turn out more waffley looking and are easier to work with.  If you fold the long way, you'll get more of a hot pocket type result that would be good for eating on the run or for lunch leftovers.

These were so good!  They were pretty fast too.  Although the recommended cooking time was five minutes, mine were done in half that.  Just keep an eye on them, and pull them off when they are nice and golden.

Now, I can't remember the last time I used my waffle iron.  Easily 12 years ago, because I'm pretty sure I've never made them for my kiddo. (Award-winning mom, right here.)  These were fun enough that I can see using it much more in the future.  There's a crazy number of pizza topping combos you could do, or change it up and do ham and cheese or beef and cheese.  There's so many ways to waffle!  I'd love to hear about what you try!

Comments