Breakfast with Friends

From time to time, our small group at church changes things up with brunch together on Sunday.  We all bring a dish to share, and enjoy breakfast goodies we wouldn't make at home very often.

My contribution this last week was this Little Smokie Croissant Breakfast Casserole.  I wanted to try this recipe since the bread and meat ingredients were different than most breakfast casseroles.  The rest of the ingredients are very familiar to most dishes of this type, but the smokies, in particular, give this one an unexpected twist.

Everyone enjoyed this dish.  Looking back, I don't think it would matter so much if you use croissants or some other sturdy bread like brioche or challah, but definitely keep the smokies.  The best part of this story is that there were leftovers for me to enjoy for breakfast for a few days.😋  I can't wait!

Comments