Poultry and Pretzels


I often buy pretzels for snack mix recipes, and then the rest of the bag sits around and gets stale, because we aren't really pretzel people.  Unless you count the buttery, salty, squishy kind at the mall that are terrible for you.

I had pinned this recipe because it sounded good, and then added it to the June menu because I knew I had a bag of pretzels sitting and waiting, staring at me whenever I opened the cupboard.

Now, you know from previous posts that I do not love breading things.  It's messy and somehow hard to do well.  However, for the sake of my partial pretzel bag, I dealt with the crummy, eggy, mess.  Thanks to my cast iron skillet the breading got a lovely, golden, crunchy coating. 

The chicken by itself is pretty good, but add that cheese sauce, and this was very good.  Well, let's face it, cheese sauce makes everything better.  The combination of the crunchy pretzel topping combined with the tangy, cheesy sauce was a great combo.  The cheese sauce ran a little over on to my roasted sweet potatoes and carrots, and it was good on those too.  But again, see sentence #2 in this paragraph.😊

I'm doubtful that I'll be making this again, simply from the mess standpoint of things, but that shouldn't stand in your way.  Especially if you've got a lonely bag of pretzels staring you down from the cupboard.  There's really no better way to use them.

Comments