Inspired by...

Sometimes I'll see a recipe and know I can probably get to the same end game without all the work.  It's even better when it works out that way.😂

So, here was my starter recipe, Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowls.  I love teriyaki, and the grilled veggies sounded delicious, but really, all that from scratch on a weeknight?  Exhausting.  I was pretty sure I could find those great flavors with much less work.  Here's what I did:

  • I marinated the chicken in this sauce and a little bit of olive oil to thin it out.  I also used more of the sauce on the chicken while it was grilling.
  • I made plain, oven-baked rice.  I felt like the coconut rice might just make things too rich.
  • For veggies, I chose zucchini, mini bell peppers, and red onion.  It was just so pretty with all the colors.
  • I forgot to buy fresh pineapple so I grilled canned rings.
  • I toasted coconut in the microwave to sprinkle on the top.
This chicken was amazing!  And the leftovers combined with the leftover red onion and pineapple made fantastic tacos.  Totally keeping this sauce on hand for future marinating.  

I'm so pleased with the end result of this experiment, and the awesome leftovers the next day made it all the better.  This chicken + marinade combo would be outstanding on a salad or in a sandwich, and so many other things.  Try. It.

Comments