National Grilled Cheese Day


For me, National Grilled Cheese Day could be everyday.  In some ways, I live on some form of bread and cheese.  It's just SO good.

I went all out for this year's festivities.  This Turkey Club Havarti Grilled Cheese was exactly what I'd hoped it would be--a perfect balance of exotic flavors and comfort food rolled into one. 

I started with a multi-grain bread, added onion and garlic jam (that I found in the deli section of one of the larger local grocers), pressed Kirkland bacon bits into the jam, then added roasted turkey and Havarti slices.  The onion jam was an awesome contrast to the salty bacon and cheese flavors.  I can't wait to try it on a grilled bacon cheese burger.😋

This was an all-around win in my book.  Everything I love about grilled cheese with an extra tweak of sophistication. Perfect.

Comments