A (Slow) Cooker and a Circus


Another piano lesson day, another crock pot day.  This week's installment is Slow Cooker Beef and Potato AuGratin.  I liked the sounds of the recipe because of its simplicity--ground beef, potatoes, onion, and cheese.  It's everything a Midwestern dinner should be.

Ultimately, it turned out to be a little bland.  You could definitely add more seasoning, and I wish the cheese was more creamy and less clumpy.  It wasn't really bad, just not as good as I'd hoped.


Then there was dessert.  I'll try anything mixed with butter and marshmallow, and these Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispie Treats were as good as I'd hoped.  I ended up using my own recipe (I won't compromise my krispie treat standards. Ever.) for the treats, just substituting one bag of the cookies for some of the cereal.  I chose to leave off the white chocolate; it just makes everything taste like white chocolate.  These were terrific!  There was a subtle hint of the cookies, without being too sweet.  A perfect krispie twist.

Comments