Shrimp and Bacon Baby!

Bacon came back on the menu this past week.  It had been a while, surprisingly, and it came back strong.


I'll call this a recipe inspiration.  I started with these Shrimp and Bacon Quesadillas, but then adapted for our tastes some things I had on hand.  I had some leftover onion and chive cream cheese left from the Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie, so I put a light smear on the inside of one tortilla.  I knew the creaminess and light onion flavor would be perfect with the bacon and shrimp.  I didn't feel like we really wanted any heat in our version so I left the pepper out.  For cheese, I used a combo of quesadilla and Monterey Jack.  Finally, I used olive oil on my griddle when I cooked them.  Why did I never use olive oil before!?!  They cooked so much more evenly than with butter.  I'm never using anything else in the future.

The creamy cheesiness of the quesadilla was out of this world.  I enjoyed the combination of the bacon and shrimp too.  I was so full, but so sad I couldn't eat anymore.  It was that good. Highly recommend, with whatever modifications your family would enjoy!😉

Comments