Next Level Mac and Cheese


This Italian Crockpot Bacon Cheesy Rotini got rave reviews within the first bite.  Even though husband and kiddo ate at separate times, they both had high praise from the first forkful.

Now, honestly, this really is just mac and cheese with a fancy name, and a little something extra.  The fact that it's a crockpot meal makes it a great come home to meal to.  I chose to make only a half recipe, and I still had plenty of leftovers.  I took a couple of other shortcuts too--I didn't melt the butter ahead of time, just chunked it up and threw it in, and I used precooked bacon bits, of course.  Both time savers worked out just fine.

Typically, I'm a cheese snob and Velveeta and condensed cheddar soup aren't my thing. However, in this case, it seemed to work really well, and I loved the convenience of making it ahead of time.


Comments