I Didn't Know What to Expect


I've had these Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes pinned forever.  I've even had them on the menu before, and just never got around to making them.

Even this time around, I was a little bit of a skeptic.  I wanted to try them, but I had serious concerns about how they would turn out.  I needn't have worried!  Although it's probably not something I'll make on a regular basis, the almost corn fritter flavor was delicious. A perfect pair to the maple bacon syrup.

For our version of these griddle cakes, I left out the cayenne pepper.  I never know when a little spice goes too far at our house, so it's safer to leave it out.  I also did my usual swap of the Kirkland bacon crumbles instead of cooking my own bacon.  I recommend adding just a bit more milk to this batter. Mine was super thick, and it was a struggle to get the cakes to actually spread out and cook through.

I loved this dish as a semi-breakfast-for-dinner option.  It would also be good for a brunch if you are looking for a semi savory option.  You could even make little cakes as dippers for syrup if you wanted to change things up a bit.

Comments