When In Doubt, Make It Ranch



We've never been one of those families that uses ranch dressing for everything.  However, I have noticed that  lot more ranch flavors are popping up on my menu, now that my daughter has taken such a shine to it.

Today's offering brings ranch to breakfast with a Sausage and Ranch Breakfast Casserole.  Ranch flavors are not at their most potent when partnered with sausage, but they are complimentary.  I really liked the creaminess of the sausage layer because of the ranch.  It was kind of hidden in there, but totally there.  What wasn't completely evident was the layer of crescent rolls.  In mine, the egg mixture went to the bottom of the dish, displacing the roll layer up and rendering it virtually undetectable.  It's possible I needed to be more careful about keeping the egg layer above the roll layer, but who needs that kind of pressure?

This dish was awesome for dinner, but it would also be an amazing addition to a brunch menu.  I think you could also make it ahead for an easy weekend breakfast.  Any of those options are a good choice.

Comments