Salsa Verde and Tots

You want more salsa verde recipes than you can shake a stick at?  You are in the right place, and this time you get tots right along with it, and it wasn't even my idea!

If you've been hanging around here for any time at all, you know that when it comes to spice, we can't tolerate too much at our table, but we do love us some salsa verde.  Consequently, whenever I see a salsa verde recipe, I take a closer look. 

This Salsa Verde Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is a fun combination of southwestern flare combined with Midwest comfort food.  It doesn't get any better!   This recipe is pretty easy.  It did surprise me that you just stirred the tater tots right in.  That's a difference from traditional tater tot casseroles, but it works just fine.  I used colby-jack cheese instead of pepper jack, for the aforementioned spice aversion.  I also used low fat sour cream because that's really all I ever buy.  Both swaps worked just fine.

This casserole earned high praise from my little household, as well as the guests at our table.  We all enjoyed this new twist on an old favorite.

Comments