Hash Browns!



Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea, but it's even better when I have a little time fussing with it.  Homemade sausage "mcmuffins" were on the menu, and I decided I wanted to see if making hash browns using the sheet pan method would make them easier and tastier.  I did a quick Pinterest search and came up with this recipe


Sure, they're a little work, but these are amazing.  And I say that, even though I forgot the Parmesan cheese, and cut back on the spices just a little.  I did crank up the heat to 425 for the last five minutes to get them extra crispy.  You don't need to, but we loved the result.

To top off our breakfast, I decided to try making Banana Milk.  We recently returned from a trip to Mexico, and banana "milkshake" was served at breakfast every day, and my daughter and I both loved it.  I was happy to see a simple recipe pop up quickly, and it seemed to be just the thing.  I had two medium sized bananas, so I did three cups of milk, about 1.5x the recommended maple syrup, and a splash of vanilla.  It was perfect!  So great to have a little taste of vacay here at home.

I seriously can not wait to make either of these recipes again.  They were both amazingly yummy, and the perfect sides for our breakfast sandwiches.  I think I may even start waking up early so we can have these hash browns on Saturday mornings.😋

Comments