Weekends are for Guests

My in-laws made a quick visit to see our kiddo compete in her first speech meet.  I used the visit as an excuse to try a couple of new recipes.


For breakfast I made this Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole.  Although it has a few steps, it's pretty easy.  I swapped regular breakfast sausage for the hot sausage to keep the spice in check.  I would suggest combining the cooked hash browns with the sausage mixture.  I didn't care for the separate layers as I ate it.  I also think you mix half the cheese in, and leave the other to sprinkle across the top.


We also enjoyed these Cream Cheese Frosted Harvest Pumpkin Bars.  Both the bars and the frosting are pretty quick prep--there's not a lot of hands-on time.  I topped our bars with pecans and dried cranberries, and we all enjoyed the crunchy texture and tart contrast to the sweet frosting.  I great topper for future pumpkin bar recipes.

Both of these recipes were winners in my book.  I'm loving the breakfast casserole recipes for breakfast this week, and the pumpkin bars were gone in no time.  Thumbs up on both accounts.

Comments