Saddle Up!

It is fall and we are back to all our regular activities, including piano, which means a steady supply of crock pot recipes.


I wasn't sure how this Cowboy Supper would be received at our table, especially by my kiddo.  She just tolerates beans, tomatoes, and onions.  However, the ingredients she does love outweighed the ones she doesn't so I gave it a shot.

I loved that this recipe was so easy to put together.  Sure, there's meat to brown, and potatoes to peel, but it's still pretty simple.

I really liked this dish.  It was filling without making feel completely stuffed.  It needs salt, however.  I'd add a sprinkle to the potatoes before putting the rest of the ingredients in.  Pepper, too, if you're into that sort of thing.

What was the verdict?  We all enjoyed it, including my kiddo who stealthily worked her way around many of the beans and tomatoes.  It is a HUGE recipe, so either invite friends, save some for later, or be prepared to eat A LOT of leftovers.  One more thing, this recipe could be customized to whatever you have on hand--hot chili beans, ground turkey or venison, and even pepper jack cheese if you want a littler more spice.  I'd love to hear what you try!

Comments