Cheeseburger and Fries



I loooooooooove a good cheeseburger, and just about anything where that combination of flavors is involved.  For today's news, Crockpot Macaroni Cheeseburger Soup.

I loved that this recipe was for the crockpot.  I saved a little effort by pulling some previously browned ground beef from the refrigerator.  Since I hadn't originally cooked the beef with onion and garlic, I just added dried onion and garlic to the broth, beef, and carrot mixture.  It smelled amazing all afternoon!

As instructed, I added the noodles in the last half hour as instructed, and the cheese and milk in the last five minutes.  I wasn't sure whether that would be enough time for the cheese to melt.  There was also a little lingering doubt of whether the thick cheesiness would break down the noodles when I stirred.  It all turned out perfectly--noodles were still whole and cheese was melty and mixed.

Just for fun, and because it was cheeseburger, I decided fries would be a perfect garnish.  Along with a little bacon and cheese.  It was fun to dip the fries in the cheesy soup, plus the addition of a little bacon was perfect.

One reservation about this soup is the Velveeta.  Velveeta soups are just never as good as cheddar, there's some weird almost sweet flavor with it.  However, there's no denying that the texture of Velveeta is much better, especially in the crockpot.

If you're a cheeseburger lover, or just want an easy weeknight crockpot recipe, this gets my vote.  Let me know what you think!

Comments