Wednesday Winners

We are back to race-out-the-door Wednesdays, so that means quick recipes we can make and eat in a hurry before we run out the door to church.  I don't mind, and in fact, often find some great treasures in these simpler dishes.


Enter Sausage Hash Brown Balls.  Now, obviously, from the recipe name, it seems these are probably more breakfasty, but we love our breakfast for dinner.  These were supper yummy.  I swapped out regular breakfast sausage for the hot because of my kiddo's spice issues, but I think in this particular recipe, the hot would have been even better.  Without the added seasoning, the sausage almost blended with the other ingredients.  I also suggest adding a little salt into the mixture before you bake it.  One more slight difference in how I made this--my Bisquick was the low fat variety.  I've never found that to be an issue in these kinds of dishes, but just so you know.

I can't wait to try these leftovers for breakfast, and I also have some unbaked, frozen ones that I look forward to using on a future Saturday.


And then there was the easy 'zert to top things off.  If you are a fan of puppy chow/muddy buddies, you'll want to give these No Bake Muddy Buddy Crack Cookies a shot.  They are wonderfully quick, and so yummy.  One suggestion--the powdered sugar seemed to clump up if I put the cookie in the Ziploc and shook it like I do for normal puppy chow.  I found it was easier, and looked nicer, to use my sugar shaker and sprinkle the tops and bottoms.

Two big winners here folks, give them a shot!

Comments