One Pot BBQ



It's obviously still summertime, but tonight we brought our barbecue inside.  I loved the change of pace, but familiar flavor of this One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta.

This recipe is a fairly simple set of steps, made even easier with previously cooked chicken.  I just pulled cooked, chopped chicken from the freezer, and squirted some BBQ sauce on before I added it in with the pasta.  A great time saver.  One thing I found confusing in this recipe was the amount of sauce listed.  I didn't come anywhere close to using one cup.  If you really like barbecue sauce you might get there, but I'm skeptical.  I finished off the recipe by sprinkling the cheese over the pasta and replacing the lid for five or so minutes so that things were all nice and melty.

I really enjoyed the cheesy goodness of this dish.  The barbecue flavor comes through as you'd expect without being weird with the pasta.  It occurs to me that you could add bacon to this dish and it was would be super yummy too.  Note to self, try that the next time...

Comments