Maple Bacon Monkey Bread

Monkey bread is a favorite at our house, and I'm always looking for the next monkey bread iteration.  Enter Maple Bacon Monkey Bread.


I've become a maple bacon convert.  It still surprises me a little because for the longest time, I didn't like sweet and meat together.  The joy that is salty and sweet in this monkey bread remind me that I'm glad taste buds change over time.  

I had a few modifications to this recipe.  First, I used four cans of the smaller biscuits, rather than two of the larger size.  Either work just fine, I'm sure.  Of course, I also saved myself some work by using Kirkland bacon crumbles.  I followed the directions for layering the bacon, just guesstimating the amounts and pouring liberally from the bag.😃  I even added a few extra crumbles after the last biscuit layers were in, just to make sure there was enough.

This isn't a huge departure from traditional monkey bread, but the salty bacon makes for a nice twist.  Highly recommend.

Comments