What the What?!

What, you say?!  A new blog post a mere 11 days after the last one?  That's craaaaaaaaaazy.  And yet, here we are.

All the usual summer unusualness has been in full swing.  As I've mentioned previously, we're eating, but nothing exotic or new.  I did manage to try two new recipes this week, though, and both of them were on the same night!  Can you even imagine such a thing!?!  Oh wait, that happens a lot at other times...

So here you have it, two recipes, both awesome for the steamy hot days of summer when no one feels like doing anything.  First, we have Crockpot Sticky BBQ Meatballs.  Super easy meatball recipe that could be for an appetizer or meal.  I did ours as a meal.  Even with cutting back on the paprika, the heat eventually caught up to me on this recipe.  I don't ever remember paprika getting to me, but it sure seems to these days.  I still prefer the cocktail sauce/grape jelly meatballs, but I'm BBQ ambivalent.  If barbecue is your thing, these are a great choice.


Dessert has been missing around these parts.  Maybe because we realized we'd been eating an awful or lot, or more probably, the kiddo is at camp and she has high dessert standards.  Since it was sticky, steamy, hot outside, I looked for a no bake option and came away with a winner!  These No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars are very similar to your traditional no bake chocolate cookie, but the brown sugar and vanilla add a lovely something special.  In fact, I think I much prefer them.

All whats aside, these are two good recipes to add to your collection, especially if you are feeling a little short on energy and effort in the midst of your busy summer.

Comments