The Living Is Easy

It's summertime, of course, and things have been great, but the cooking hiatus has started.  We've been traveling, hosting guests, and soaking up all the warm sunshine and time together.

I've had a few recipes here and there that I can recommend.

First, this Caramel Twix Poke Cake.  As with most poke cakes, it was fantastically moist and sweet.  I don't know that it has much in the way of Twix flavor, but, man, is it good.  Highly recommend!

Next, I made these Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars.  If you are looking for a sweet and gooey bar, these are a good fit.  Don't, however, expect a strong peanut butter cup flavor.  For me, that's just as well.  I'm not a die hard peanut butter cup fan, although I do enjoy them on occasion.  Actually, what I'd like to see more of in this recipe is a salty and crunchy contrast.  If I could think of a way to work pretzels into the recipe and have them retain their salty crunch, that would be perfect!

So there's a few desserts you can try for a summer barbecue or family get together.  Both recipes were met with rave reviews from my husband's extended family.

Comments