Crescent Roll Folly



Over the course of my time in the kitchen, I've made a lot of recipes using crescent rolls.  They are a nice canvas for combining other flavors.

I think that season is about over.  I'm fed up with trying to work them.  Seal the seams?  Yeah, right.  I can seal until the cows come home and inevitably they still split.  They are just so fragile and frustrating sometimes.

Tonight's recipe was for these adorable Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels.  While they were indeed cute and tasty, they were somewhat uncooperative.  The dough wouldn't stretch, initially, rolling them caused the seams to pop, and then there was no way I was going to be able to cut eight slices from each one.  They are a fun idea, but I think there are lots of ways to enjoy bacon/cheddar/ranch together without this much work and disappointment.

To be fair, these were a hit with my fam, just not enough for me to fuss with the crescent rolls again. 😊

Comments