Brinner Wins

I see so many people embarrassed by their choice of breakfast for dinner, as if it's some sort of cop out.  I don't think that could be further from the truth, and in my experience, breakfast for dinner recipes have the highest success and delight rates of just about any out there.


Enter Baked Potato Bacon Egg Breakfast Skillet.  I wouldn't actually put this one in the traditional breakfast skillet category, but it is in the delicious group.  Mine turned out a little differently than the recipe, but only because I made some changes, and also didn't follow directions.  Oops.

I knew that adding pepper jack cheese would be too much spice for my kiddo, so I went with all cheddar.  I had it all stirred into the egg mixture, before I realized half should have been saved to add at the end.  Oops.  Then, I didn't want the bacon crumbles to get too dry or stay unincorporated at the end, and stirred them in to the mixture about 10 minutes into the cooking time.  In the future, I would do a potato layer, a bacon layer, and then a cheese layer with the egg mixture poured over the top.

No matter my lack of attention to detail or changes, this was so good, and I'm really looking forward to eating leftovers for breakfast.

Comments