OMG Mac and Cheese


For tonight's menu plan, I just put down mac and cheese figuring I'd figure it out later.  I've got a lot of mac and cheese recipes pinned, surely I could find one to make right?

I settled on OMG Mac and Cheese.  It is not even close to settling!  This is one fantastic mac and cheese--creamy, gooey, and cheesy, all the best things.

I chose to make just a half recipe.  I was pretty sure I was going to love it, and I don't need even  more temptation hanging around.  As it was, I still had four servings of leftovers, not that I'm complaining.

A few recipe notes: I used the Scallion and Chive Boursin cheese, although the garlic and herb variety would be delicious too, I'm sure.  Second, I swapped out elbow macaroni for shells (they hold the sauce in better). Finally, I did use 1/3 less fat cream cheese--have to save on calories somewhere, right?!

Seriously, this is some awesome mac and cheese, and super easy too.  A definite must make.

Comments

As a Macaroni and Cheese lover, this meal looks and sounds amazing. I haven't tried different types of noodles except elbow when I make mine, so I'll have to try shells next time and see if it holds in the flavor more. Would you cook anything else with this as a side dish?
Heidi said…
The original blogger serves this as a side to a meat main course. I kept it as our main course because there's plenty of calories to be had in the cheese. :)