Three for Three

What a good way to start a week!  Not one, not two, but three new recipes in one meal, and all winners in my book.

I was pretty sure this Crock Pot Beef and Noodles would be a winner from the get go.  It's a lot like the recipe I use for my regular pot roast, so just adding yummy Reames noodles should only make it better.  That's absolutely the case.  Delicious, tender beef made in its own gravy, and fat, doughy noodles to go along.  This was totally family-pleasing, with lots of appreciative comments at the table.

Next came The Best Broccoli of Your Life.  Now I've made some recipes with superlative titles before, but I think this one takes the cake.  And, of course, I was skeptical that it could rise to the challenge.  I only had a little fresh broccoli left, so I decided to add in some baby carrots (cut in quarters) to the mix.  Although I was a little too generous with the salt, these were fantastic!  All the best veggie taste as the main event, but perfectly highlighted with the roasting and lemon flavors.  So good!  It's also pretty enough and tasty enough for company.

Finally, we needed dessert!  And I wanted to use the other pie crust from the box I bought for last week's quiche.  French Coconut Pie to the rescue!  The prep for this recipe is so quick and simple.  The result is so buttery and awesome.  We ate it warm from the oven, and it was amazing.  Perfect way to use up that pesky, leftover crust!

Comments