So Good I Could Quiche You

I love quiche.  From the first time my mom let me sample her's at a small, local tearoom, I was sold.  If quiche is on the menu someplace, there's a good bet I end up ordering it.


Quiche is a great dish for busy nights where you have some prep time, but don't want to babysit your food.  This Bacon Cheddar Quiche was simple and fast.  I started with a purchased pie crust, added my trusty Kirkland bacon crumbles, and cheese.  Since I had some fresh broccoli on hand, I asked my kiddo if I should add it, and I got a resounding yes.  I just steamed it in the microwave and then added it on top of the cheese.

This quiche was so good.  There was absolutely nothing fancy about it, but it sure hit the spot on a chilly, blustery night.


We needed some dessert to finish things off, but I didn't want something that would mess with the baking time or temp of the quiche.  I decided to try this Blueberry Slump since it was quick, and I've had some blueberries in the freezer that needed to be used.

It was fantastic!  The warm fruit and sauce, topped by sweet dumplings were so good.  I was so afraid the dumplings will be tough or doughy or weird, but they were perfect.

My whole table really enjoyed this warm, cozy meal.  I want to make everything again soon.

Comments