Shrimp Scampi Renewed



Shrimp scampi always reminds me of Red Lobster, one of their tried and true menu favorites.  It's not usually my pick from the menu, but I can't argue with buttery, garlicky, shrimp.  It's always an option.  Add some cheesy biz alongside?  I. Am. In.

These Shrimp Scampi Quesadillas and simple and quick to put together.  Starting with the frozen shrimp scampi was a great kickoff for an easy weeknight meal.  I used a combination of Parmesan cheese and the quesadilla mix cheese (I was at the store too early for the Monterey Jack to be restocked. 😞)  That quesadilla mix makes the perfect gooey, melty quesadilla.  I need to remember to keep some on hand at all times.  One more suggestion put some butter on the griddle!  The recipe doesn't specifically give that direction, but it's the only way to get a nice pretty crust on the quesadilla.

I loved these.  The flavor of the shrimp was not overwhelming, but provided just the right amount of seasoning for the quesadillas.  I also love the idea of using the frozen starter in a completely unexpected way.  The shrimp scampi might also make a great start to seafood nachos at home.  No matter what, I'm keeping this one in my back pocket for future reference.

Comments