Fiesta Fish Taco Bowls

It's a new year, and time to make a renewed effort to add a little more variety to our menu.  We've had shrimp recently, but no fish, so I made a concerted effort to have put that in the January plan.


What a fabu addition!  These Fiesta Fish Taco Bowls were so good, and easy to customize to our tastes.  I loved the sprinkle of taco seasoning on fish filets--definitely keeping that idea around for future fish taco forays.  For the rest of the filling for our bowls, I baked some rice in the oven, sauteed the onion, corn (frozen), and black beans, added a sprinkle of cheddar, and some crushed tortilla chips.  I popped each of our bowls (I have oven safe Fiestaware) back in the off but still warm oven for just a few minutes.  It toasted the chips and made the cheese a little melty.  For the sauce, I added some leftover taco seasoning to regular ranch dressing and drizzled it over our warmed bowls.  The combo of taco and ranch is the perfect balance for our tender palates.

I loved this recipe.  The fish flavor was present without taking over, which was perfect.  I can't wait to make this again.  It's a lovely change of pace, and great for using up stray taco topping that need a home.

Comments