All the Posts!

All of a sudden I'm cooking again!  I just realized how many recipes I have to share with you all, and it's kind of exciting.  Last fall I had to default to making more repeat recipes just to keep my sanity, so it's so awesome to be back to almost-daily new recipes.


Today I'm reviewing this Bacon, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder.  Bacon and shrimp are two of our favorite things here, so we were excited to try them together in soup form.

It didn't disappoint.  Great shrimp and bacon flavor (even if I did cheat and use Kirkland's pre-cooked crumbles).  Other modifications for our batch--only a light sprinkling of red pepper and heavy cream instead of half and half.  Not exactly a figure-friendly modification there, but I already had it on hand, and who's really going to complain right?  Besides, I thinned it out with some skim milk.  One other thing, I'm not sure whether blending the soup is really necessary.  I'd say that's up to your personal preference, and definitely doesn't have to be done.

This soup was very good and really hit the spot on a chilly and windy day.  Would love to make it again!

Comments