Home is Best

We've had an interesting holiday season that included some travel as well as some unexpected changes of plan.  What matters is time together, and a break from the everyday.

What always surprises me about coming home from time away, is how much I enjoy getting back in my kitchen and puttering about.  Now, I love the break where I don't cook for days on end, but restaurant food gets old. There's only so many times you can eat out and not feel like you are eating the exact. same. thing. all the time.


On our first evening back at home, I debated sticking to my menu plan, this Brown Butter Parmesan Spaghetti, mostly because I wasn't sure if I had all the ingredients.  With a quick swap to penne pasta, I was in business.

This was a quick and easy meal to ease me back into the swing of things.  It was also delicious and simple.  Perfect for our over-traveled bodies and taste buds.  I love the flavor that brown butter adds without being too much.  Just the right touch.

Comments