Noodle Me This

We are back to the season where weeknight dinners must be under 30 minutes of prep time, and I was excited to make this Simple Beef Linguine with Parmesan and Basil.


It seemed like a rather simple twist on spaghetti, but in a new and less saucy way.  I also liked that it used a ton of basil, because my basil plant is ginormous this year!

Everything is pretty simple in this recipe, but there is one mystery.  The recipe calls for an 8 oz can of tomato paste.  Now, tomato paste typically does not come in 8 oz cans, they come in 6 oz cans.  So which is it?

I made the call to go with tomato paste, and assumed that the quantity was incorrect.  I'm not so sure that was the right call because it was dry.  Even with a little added pasta water, it was very dry.  It tasted great, though, and I thought it was a great alternative to traditional spaghetti.  Also, if you want A LOT of leftovers, this could work.  I ended up with at least five servings leftover.

I'd like to make this again and try using tomato sauce, or certainly more pasta water.  The flavor is definitely worth giving this recipe another try.

Comments