Making It Up As I Go Along

We've reached the point in the semester where having a meal takes precedent over trying a recipe, thus the shortage of blog posts.  In some cases I've been deviating from the menu plan, and even making up my own stuff.


This was one of those times.  I had leftover ham, still, and I wanted to use it in something quick and simple.  As I stopped by the store for a few other items, I saw a loaf of Hawaiian bread, and decided on grilled Hawaiian ham and cheese sandwiches.

Here's what I put together:

  • Mixed some soft cream cheese with crushed pineapple. (No measurements here, just what looks like a good mixture.)  Then I added some chopped green onion.
  • A nice semi-thick slice of ham.
  • A slice of sharp cheddar to balance the sweetness of the pineapple.
  • Assembled on the Hawaiian bread and grilled as usual.
I really loved this combo.  It went together quickly, but didn't feel so lame like I was phoning it in for dinner. 



Comments

This sounds super delicious. It definitely is that time in the semester where I am getting sick of cooking, cleaning dishes, and eating the same old foods I buy and cook every week. This recipe looks like it will give my taste buds the burst of flavor I am looking for. Hopefully he gluten-free way works out just as well. I will keep you updated! Thanks for the recipe!
Heidi said…
Hope it works for you!