National Pancake Day (Without the IHOP)

Sometimes I feel a compulsion to prepare foods that honor whatever silly celebratory day happens.  This week I decided to shuffle up the menu to accommodate National Pancake Day.


I was delighted with the change and these Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes.  The batter was so good, and then add in deliciously, caramelly pineapple, and you have the recipe for success. Yuuuuuuummmmmmm.

These are not easy pancakes to handle.  The pineapple slices were too heavy to really stay with the pancakes.  It also takes longer than expected for the first side to cook.  I also got eight pancakes instead of the suggested 10.  No worries, we enjoyed what was there!

Comments

Unknown said…
Never thought about adding pineapple to pancakes before but now that I think about it, most fruit can be used to add sweetness! I really enjoy the berry pancakes, which is how I celebrated National Pancake Day:)