Goodbye Corned Beef!

St. Patrick's Day is always a struggle because I want to eat appropriately festive food, but I'm the only one at my house who likes corned beef.  And even I don't like it so much after leftovers for weeks on end.  So I feel like I've been on a never ending search for a replacement.


Search no more!  I found this Dublin Coddle on Pinterest when look for St. Paddy's Day foods.  I figured something with bacon AND sausage AND potatoes had to be good right?

Right.  Soooooooooooooooooooooooo right.  The flavors in this dish are so wonderful.  Perfect comfort food on a cold night, and my new favorite St. Patrick's Day dish.


The most difficult part of the recipe was finding sausage.  Irish sausages are different than traditional American breakfast sausage, and some of my research suggested brats would be an appropriate substitute.  But in my mind, brats would just taste, like brats, not Irish at all.  Luckily, I found these Irish o'Garlic sausages at our local Hyvee, and since they were Johnsonville I knew they would be good.  They were better than good, they were perfect!





To compliment our coddle, we enjoyed fruit in the colors of the Irish flag and Irish Cream Neiman Marcus (otherwise known as Gooey Butter Cake).  The cake was yummy, and the Irish Cream flavor was very subtle.  Pretty sure there's nothing truly Irish about this dessert, but when it tastes this good, who cares?

Comments

Unknown said…
This look delicious! I am going to try making these!